It has been nearly two months since I put my blog on hold so I guess it’s time for an update.
In my absence, traffic to Nopy’s Blog has dropped significantly. This past week has averaged 600 visitors per day, about half of what it was before. It will likely drop more before I can return to blogging regularly again, but I’m just glad that people like you are still visiting and leaving comments :)
My time away has reminded me of why I blog; there aren’t many people I can talk about anime with in real life, either I don’t see them enough or we watch different shows. I will likely be able to get back to blogging in the new year. In the meantime, you can check out all of the awesome blogs listed under the links section.
One of the things keeping me away from blogging is my quest to get into business school. If you’ve ever tried applying for an MBA, you’ll know it takes a lot of work and those application essays involve a lot of self-reflection and thought. So far I’ve applied to three schools: two of the top 5 in Canada, and one of the top 10 in America. I’ve been invited for interviews at the two Canadian schools and I’m still waiting to hear back from the American school. While I’m keeping my fingers crossed, I still plan to apply to one more Canadian school and several of the top 10-20 schools in America by the end of the year. If things go according to plan, you could be buying figures at Nopy’s Anime Shop or watching the latest hit anime from Nopy Productions some day.
While Animethon only takes place once a year, preparations for it happen year-round. I must say that after I was elected as a director of the sponsoring organization, I was not expecting to do as much work as I have done. This is the other thing that has been eating up my blogging time. It is a great learning experience though, and I’ve met a lot of other anime fans through the work I’m doing. Hopefully things will settle down once we get a committee set up to run next year’s event.
Anime is probably the only thing that has been keeping me sane these past two months (kinda ironic considering how insane anime tends to be). The only two things I would give up anime for are family and friends. I don’t have the time to do my regular reviews and seasonal round-up post so I’ll just summarize everything here.
Thoughts on last season:
- I NEED more Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita.
- Accel World jerked me around for 24 episodes.
- Sengoku Collection had a real lack of Oda Nobunaga.
- Tari Tari was just the right length, any more and it would’ve been as boring as Hanasaku Iroha.
- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate was a huge disappointment.
- Dog Days 2 was soooo cute!
- What happened to episodes 14+ of Kokoro Connect?
Recommendations for this season, not including sequels (from “must watch” to “has potential”):
- Psycho Pass – “Motohiro joked that he wanted kids audience to have a trauma for life by watching this anime,” ’nuff said.
- Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun – It’s cute and funny.
- Little Busters – I’ve been waiting for this one forever, and it’s a Key title so it has to be good.
- BTOOOM – Reminds me of Battle Royale.
- Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne – My guilty pleasure of the season.
- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai – I’m giving KyoAni slice-of-life another shot.
Well that’s it for now. If I don’t make a November update, I will at least make sure to get my Top 10 Anime Girls post up for this year. Until then, see you later!